Policy and tasks of the Equal Opportunities Committee
The Committee for Equal Opportunities at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is a representative body of professors, administrative and support staff, students and postgraduate specialising students, whose remit is, as stated in this policy, to promote and implement positive action for equal opportunities with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.
In paying specific attention to the status of women and all categories susceptible to discrimination, the Committee has the following tasks:
- develop strategies for measures aimed at removing any obstacles that hinder the full realization of equal opportunities in the university in all the study, research, teaching, work and assistance roles;
- promote the inclusion of women in roles and positions in which they are under-represented;
- enhance the workers’ professional skills in order to favour the career-life balance through appropriate work organization;
- promote equal opportunities for Università Cattolica graduates and postgraduate specialising students as they enter the world of work by performing relevant statistical surveys and analyses and by developing strategies;
- advocate solutions that will rectify any harmful behaviour towards those who work within Università Cattolica related to sexual discrimination, including through proper information on the relevant legislation and on the protection measures set out in the statute;
- develop proposals for actions aimed at guaranteeing and developing equal opportunities in Università Cattolica and monitoring its implementation.
The Committee also:
- executes an instructive role aimed at promoting equal opportunities, comprising analyses aimed at understanding the working and study conditions within the Università Cattolica, the valorisation of scientific activities aimed at raising awareness on the topic and the promotion and enhancement of scientific and teaching activities on topics of interest to the Committee and the organization of training courses, seminars and conferences.
- provides support for those who consider themselves to be victims of discrimination or harmful behaviour.
- submits a yearly report to the Rector on the work and study conditions within Università Cattolica, indicating situations or facts of presumed discrimination.
- promotes awareness of their initiatives, as well as national and international policies on equal opportunities.
E-mail contact: email@example.com
Prof. Aldo Carera
Representative for full professors
Prof.ssa Antonella Occhino
Representative for associate professors
Prof. Luca Milani
Representative for academic researchers
Dott.ssa Elisabetta Musi
Representative for administrative and support staff
Sig.ra Ilenia Pagani
Dott.ssa Maria Rossignoli
Dott.ssa Ilenia Zerbi
Representative for specialising students and students
Sig.ra Tiziana Locatelli
Sig.ra Hanna Bonisoli