The Theology Department, chaired by the Rector and coordinated by the Ecclesial Assistant, comprises all the professors of Theology working at Università Cattolica and has the twofold task of optimising the discipline’s didactic programme and of favouring the ongoing dialogue between theology and the other fields of knowledge cultivated within the University. This institution adheres to the Apostolic Constitution on the Catholic Universities Ex corde Ecclesiae, issued by Saint John Paul II on 15 August 15 1990 and, more specifically, aims to implement the observations expressed in point 19:
"Theology plays a particularly important role in the search for a synthesis of knowledge as well as in the dialogue between faith and reason. It serves all other disciplines in their search for meaning, not only by helping them to investigate how their discoveries will affect individuals and society but also by bringing a perspective and an orientation not contained within their own methodologies. In turn, interaction with these other disciplines and their discoveries enriches theology, offering it a better understanding of the world today, and making theological research more relevant to current needs"
Chair: Magnifico Rettore Prof. Franco Anelli
Coordinator: Assistente Ecclesiastico Generale S. Ecc. Mons. Claudio Giuliodori
Theology Department’s Certifying Officer: Prof. Fr. Marco Salvioli O.P.
- Economics (Milan / Rome) Prof. Fr. Marco Salvioli O.P.
- Economics and Law (Piacenza / Cremona) Prof. Don Luca Ferrari
- Law (Milan) Prof. Don Stefano Alberto
- Arts and Philosophy (Milano / Brescia) Prof. Don Bernardino Pessani
- Medicine and Surgery (Rome) Prof. Don Paolo Bonini
- Psychology (Milan / Brescia) Prof.ssa Rita Pellegrini
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (Piacenza and Cremona) Prof. Don Roberto Maier
- Banking, Finance and Insurance Sciences (Milan) Prof. Don Pier Davide Guenzi
- Education (Milan / Brescia / Piacenza) Prof. Don P. Roberto Ferrari
- Linguistic Sciences and Foreign Lliterature (Milan / Brescia) Prof. Mons. Francesco Braschi
- Mathematical, Physical and natural Sciences (Brescia) Prof. Don Raffaele Maiolini
- Political and Social Sciences (Milan / Brescia) Prof. Mons. Claudio Stercal
Theology Department: all the Professors of Theology of all the Università Cattolica campuses.