The programme provides three distinct training profiles:
- a profile in Mathematics;
- a profile in Physics;
- a profile in Computer Science.
In particular, the profiles in Physics and Computer Science provide training equivalent to a degree in Physics and a degree in Computer Science respectively.
All the profiles provide in-depth and modern basic knowledge in the area of mathematics, while at the same time focusing their attention on the different fields of mathematics, physics and computer science according to the different profiles.
All the profiles will allow access to coherent graduate programmes offered by the Faculty, as stated in the appropriate admission announcements to graduate programmes.
An integrative and significant part of the training are the laboratory activities, carried out with technologically advanced instruments. Particular attention is also paid to learning written and oral English and to the knowledge of modern communication and information management tools.
Being a student of the degree programme in Mathematics at Università Cattolica gives first of all the advantage of being placed in a fertile context of avant-garde research, equipped with Research Centres specialised above all in the field of environment
(CRASL- Research Centre for Environment, Energy and Sustainable Development), nanostructures and superconducting materials (I-LAMP), and mathematical models which can also be applied to the corporate world of the territory (MATHEX).
Here are some of the distinctive advantages of this Faculty:
- the relatively small numbers of participants allow a direct and continuous contact with the professors/lecturers: this gives students the possibility to be constantly followed in their training;
- the large spaces, made available in a welcoming and equipped campus, allow everyone to work individually with the specific tools of the different disciplines;
- a strong network with foreign universities gives the opportunity to gain important experience in the best European and non-European universities;
- the direct contact with the world of work, facilitated by the ministerial plan for scientific degrees which also involves Confindustria, favours a positive beginning of the professional career after graduation;
- the strategic role, now universally recognised, that science graduates play in technological development, creates many frequent opportunities to study, financed by scholarships provided by national institutes and industrial associations, whose calls for application are published online on the faculty page.
"THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING PART OF A FERTILE CONTEXT OF CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH"