Two degrees for the price of one and one Master
The exchange programme
In September 2002, the Faculty of Economics and Law of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Piacenza started an exchange programme within the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – course in International Management, in order to train:
- graduates able to develop relationships with their international counterparts in a cross-cultural business environment;
- prospective managers for an international and globalized business world.
The exchange programme, which lasts 4 years, aims to:
- encourage the international mobility of students;
- develop team work competences;
- promote acquisition of foreign languages to a high level;
- build a new generation of managers and entrepreneurs ready to work in a cross-cultural environment.
The two years abroad offer students:
- a challenging opportunity to develop as individuals;
- an out-of-the ordinary university experience;
- top-level skills and expertise ready to enter the world of work.
In collaboration with American and European partner universities, the Double Degree Programme enables selected students to:
- study two years at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Piacenza;
- study two years at one of the partner universities;
- become truly international, taking exams at a foreign university in a foreign language for two years;
- experience the meaning of "move and integrate" within a different culture;
- carry out two internships of 4-6 months:
- one in Italy
- one abroad;
- obtain three degrees.
The International Partnership of Business Schools, IPBS
The study plan and the content of courses followed abroad have been planned in collaboration with an important network of European and non-European universities, the IPBS (International Partnership of Business Schools), of which Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore – Piacenza campus is a founding member. The IPBS study plans have been approved by the national governments of each partner university
Students enrolled on the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Course in International Management, at the School of Economics and Law of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Piacenza, will spend their first two years in Piacenza and the final two years at one of the prestigious partner universities of the programme:
- in Europe (France, Germany, the UK, The Netherlands)
- in the USA
- in Mexico
The Double Degree Programme is organised as follows:
- 1st year – courses in Piacenza
- 2nd year – courses in Piacenza and internship in Italy
- 3rd year – courses at a partner university and internship abroad
- 4th year – courses at a partner university
Two Degrees and one Master
Two bachelor’s degrees and one master’s degree.
Obtain two bachelor’s degrees and one master’s degree at the same time on the Double Degree Programme:
from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore:
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration
Master in International Management
from the international partners:
Local bachelor’s degree issued by one of the partner universities
The Double Degree Programme trains people for joining medium/large industrial or service companies, either national or multinational and internationalization-oriented.
In particular, we look for people whose aims include:
- achieving managerial responsibilities in multinational industrial and service companies;
- working for consulting firms and international companies providing professional services;
- starting and developing business ventures operating in international markets;
- working in international organizations and institutions.
National surveys carried out to evaluate the consequences and the effectiveness of a study experience abroad show that Italian graduate students who have studied abroad achieve better outcomes at university and hold better jobs one year after graduating - they graduate with higher marks and find a job more quickly (Source: MIUR)