This Graduate degree programme aims to offer the student a highly qualified interdisciplinary training programme, whose primary objectives are:
- access to the professions of chartered accountant and auditor;
- access to the administration, finance and control functions of industrial, commercial and service companies;
- access to business consultancy in the fields of administration, finance and control;
- access to investment banking and services in the area of corporate finance;
- access to public competitions for independent regulatory authorities in the financial sector.
With this in mind, the course of study in Economics and Business Law provides a solid economic- business and legal background, developing skills in the tools and abilities needed to train specialist graduates, whose activities may include working in the economic-financial, legal and fiscal fields as well as ensuring the public interest in the area of proper book keeping.
The following competences, knowledge and skills are the specific training objectives of the Graduate degree programme in Economics and Business Law, which belongs to the LM-77 Business Economics class:
- advanced skills, knowledge and abilities in accounting, economics and business management, legal and interdisciplinary areas, such as to allow to perform the profession of accountant, auditor, expert in internal auditing and business consultant (also on financial issues) as well as to hold the role of manager / head of administration, control and finance in medium and large companies, public and non-profit companies;
- graduates will be able to use fluently written and spoken English, in addition to Italian, with reference also to disciplinary terminology;
- graduates will possess the information and telematics skills useful for the performance of the professions indicated.
In the framework of the Graduate degree in Economics and Business Law, after a common course of study, it is also possible for the student to further deepen a specific area of knowledge and professional specialisation by choosing between three different competence profiles:
A Professional profile, which aims to provide the skills (especially in the legal, accounting and financial areas) necessary for registration in the Register and in general for performing the profession of chartered accountant, business/corporate consultant and expert in accounting/ administrative control of companies.The profile is the result of an agreement between Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and Ordine dei Dottori Commercialisti e degli Esperti Contabili (Association of Chartered Accountants and Accounting Experts) of Milan, aimed at guaranteeing training for access to the profession of chartered accountant with exemption from the first test of the State examination for access to the professional register.
A Financial profile, which aims to provide useful skills in the field of business consulting, finance, investment banking, law and finance of listed companies. The profile is the result of the agreement that Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore has signed with the Associazione Italiana degli Analisti e Consulenti Finanziari (AIAF) (Italian Association of Financial Analysts and Consultants) in view of preparing for the CIIA diploma - Certified International Investment Analyst.
Profile in Auditing
A profile in Auditing which aims to provide specific skills in the field of auditing and legal and accounting organisation, corporate governance and internal control. The profile is the subject of two agreements that Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore has signed with the Italian Association of Auditors (ASSIREVI) and the Italian Association of Internal Auditors (AIIA). The first one is aimed at favouring the recruitment, by the ASSIREVI member companies, under a "professional" apprenticeship contract, of the most deserving students (with a grade point average of at least 27/30) attending the second year of the Graduate degree in Economics and Business Law (auditing profile). The second promotes the activation of internship contracts in AIIA member companies.